Please see our Facebook page for the agenda for the Veteran’s March on Nov. 8.
Monday, Oct. 27, marked the 90th anniversary of the incorporation of the town of New Port Richey. The newspaper front page reporting on the incorporation is here. One of the 90th birthday events was our Friendly Kia trolley tour of some historic sites in New Port Richey. Some pictures we took from inside the Hacienda Hotel are on our Facebook page.
On Oct. 4 our cemetery tour visited three local historical cemeteries. In video clips, historian Jeff Cannon talks about the history of West Elfers Cemetery and East Elfers Cemetery and the Hudson Cemetery.
The museum is now open on Fridays from 1 to 4 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Our guest speaker on Sept. 13 was State Rep. Amanda Murphy and another guest was New Port Richey Mayor Rob Marlowe. Some pictures are on this page.
On August 2 Walt Casson donated a window from the old Methodist Church to the church. A photo is here.
Our July 2014 newsletter, mailed to members, is here.
The 2014-15 board of directors of the WPHS was installed on May 10 by New Port Richey Mayor Rob Marlowe, pictured here with board member Bill Aycrigg. Former WPHS President David Prace presented a plaque to outgoing President Bob Hubach (picture). The newly installed President of the WPHS is Bob Langford (picture). The officers of the Gulf High School history honor society, who volunteered at the museum this school year, were thanked (picture).
On April 25 Gulf High School students re-created an old photo from about 1948. The original photo shows four girls, three of them Gulf students, on the Main Street bridge in about 1948. See this article on the GHS web site.
ABOUT US: About Us - News and Views of the Museum - The Beginning of the Museum - Membership Application - Our March 2011 Newsletter - Our Jan 2012 Newsletter - Our Sept 2012 Newsletter - Our July 2014 Newsletter
ARTICLES: Historical Timeline - Index of Names - Pine Hill (Obenreder) - Pine Hill (Burch) - Pine Hill Cemetery - New Port Richey Press - Recollections of Chester Wilcox - The Baker House - The Gazebo in Sims Park - Obituary Database - Obituary Images - Photos Then and Now - Queen of Peace Hall Dedication - Deciucies Photographs - Hudson Veterans Memorial (1981) - Old Timers’ Picnic (1978) - Moving the Catholic Church (2001) - Port Richey Historic Preservation Sunday (2006) - Veteran's Day (2006) - Martin Luther King Day (2007) - James E. Grey Preserve - First Mural - Second Mural - Third Mural - Fourth Mural - Fifth Mural - Bush Plaque in Sims Park - Photos by Lillian Kreps (1980s) - Eight Photos From 1924 - Other Resources